Well I got there in the end! I've been working on 2 Rough Riders recently, one for the shelf and one for the road. As we near our beach trip though the priority shifted to the runner and yesterday I managed to build up the chassis from the re-re kit with the body already done and ready to go. This was a hugely enjoyable experience, actually building an SRB from a kit is amazing and i will have to build a Scorcher at some point from a kit too.
I think this one turned out well, the paintwork is bright a vibrant even though i accidentally used polycarb spray! Even though it's in blue i have used the kit white panel decals which i know aren't strictly vintage correct for this colour scheme but for a runner i can live with it. I have also used an aftermarket alloy chassis plate and original front tyres. Anyway enjoy the pics. More pics and an article to come...